I hope everyone is having a great start to their Thanksgiving week! I know I am ready for Thursday to be here so I can eat, eat eat!!!
Liz and I finished out leader training yesterday, and I have been dying to get an email out to you guys! It may be a lot of information, but please know you can email me or call me at any time with any questions!
First, I want to remind you all of our First Official Girl Scouts Meeting on December 5th, 2013 at Point O’ View Elementary at 6:30pm. Parents, you are more than willing to stay or drop off your girls.
- For the meetings, seeing as I am not sure how the temperature in the cafeteria will be, please dress your children warm. Also, please bring a blanket or pillow for the girls to sit on, so they are not sitting on the cold floor.
Second, a reminder that we all made the decisions that dues would be $5 a month. That will be due on the first Thursday meeting of each month. Please know that you can pay your entire dues in advance, if you choose.
Uniforms: We have decided to purchase the tunics for our children. The uniform is not required on the December 5th meeting, but after that, they will be. Here is what you need:
- American Flag Patch
- Girl Scout Council Identification Set
- Troop Numerals
- 100th Anniversary Pin
- Daisy Insignia Tab (I was at the retail store yesterday, and the lady mentioned that these are on backorder till December 10th, including online. If I hear anything more I will let you all know.)
- World Trefoil Pin
- Girl Scout Daisy Membership Pin
- Daisy Petals Set ( Seeing as we will not officially start our Petals until after the holidays, you can get that set to me by January 2nd. They will earn the Promise center on the second meeting.)
Your girls can wear whatever pants you choose, but you do have to have a white t-shirt underneath the tunic.
Parent Volunteers: As we discussed at the first meeting, with us being a new troop, we are only going to be as successful as we would like with the help of parent volunteers. Below are the following areas volunteers would be needed and greatly appreciated:
- Cookie Manager- I know we had a mom volunteer but for the life of me can’t remember who!!! Sorry!
- Chaperone/ Driver Coordinator ( This will also change and be determined per trips we take)
- Troop Finance Coordinator- Will keep Troop Financial records.
- CPR Coordinator- This person or persons will need to be CPR certified, and will have to attend all meetings and field trips
- Sibling Sitter- This can be rotated each meeting. I noticed a lot of us had siblings at the first meeting. I think it would be helpful if we volunteered to help watch the siblings while the girls work on their things. Parents would need to provide activities to keep the siblings entertained for an hour.
That’s all that I can think of for now. If you are interested, please send me an email and let me know. I truly appreciate this!
Please make sure the documents that I emailed out that need to be filled out are returned to the December 5th meeting. The documents are as follows:
- Girl Scout Law and Promise. Please start familiarizing your girls with this.
- Publication Consent Form – Release for publish photos of our girls during meetings, trips, ect.
- Donations list- Again, we need all the help to get started with. The more items the merrier. Please bring items to the first meeting and we will put them in our plastic tub.
- Meet My Daughter form- Please print out and fill out about each of your girls. This will give myself and the other troop leaders some good information!
Again, I know that this is a lot!! But I wanted to make sure you guys have all the necessary information to begin our girl scout year!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week! See you on December